Vienna based position (an asset)
The head of communications and marketing will be a member of a Core Conference Organisational Team and will play a supporting role to the Conference Director to engage effectively through external communications, particularly through leadership for social media, blog articles, media opportunities, to raise the profile and influence of Viennese Scouts, PPÖ and international scouting.
This position requires a creative communicator with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills working closely with the main team to develop and implement communication strategies that enhance the visibility and influence of scouting.
The Head of Communications and marketing will a team for communications.
- Strategic Communications: Collaborate with the Conference Director and other stakeholders to develop and implement communication strategies aligned with the conference’s priorities with a focus on external engagements.
- Social Media: Create and implement content plans, messaging and visuals, create graphic design content.
- Event Communications: Provide communications support such as writing blog posts, preparing video messages, supporting media coverage, preparing promotional materials and managing communications for keynotes, panels and other speaking opportunities.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with key stakeholders, partners and external agencies, to ensure effective communication and collaboration that enhance visibility and influence of scouting.
- Contribute as an active member of the Core Conference Team and work closely with the Conference Director.
Qualifications and skills
- Experience in communications or public relations in a non-profit or international organisation is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German.
- Ability to develop and implement communication plans and content creation across various channels.
- Proficiency in digital communication tools, social media platforms and content management systems.
- Experience in creating a graphic design content.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Event management and media relations experience is an asset.
- Strong organisation and time management skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to build your own communications and marketing team and take the lead of their performance.
- Member of PPÖ.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with team members.
- Commitment to attend and report in core team meetings every 2 months plus run own team meetings as needed until the end of 2025.
- Commitment to fully attend the European Guide and Scout Conference 2025.
All positions will play supporting roles to the Conference Director and will work closely with the main team.